Sunday, January 13, 2013

Lucky Square

I was lucky enough to be chosen to be one of the pattern testers for SewCraftyJess' new pattern, Lucky Square and she's debuting the pattern and sharing the test quilts from myself and the other testers!

I decided to do mine with all scraps in greens, teals, blues, and purples -- something a little bit out of my normal comfort zone! The solid background is Kona Ash and I made the throw sized quilt top. This pattern is great for a confident beginner (provided you're very accurate with your 1/4" seam!)



It is a very fun versatile pattern because it has VERY clear directions on how to make 4 sizes (baby, throw, twin, and queen) and you could adapt to scraps (like I did), yardage (as described in the pattern), charms, or jelly rolls.

Check out Jess's blog to get your own copy of the pattern and see all of the other versions of this pattern!

(Other quilt testers: Gemini StitchesThe Windy SideCity House StudioPitter Putter StitchSew Hungry)

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful Alison - love that you used scraps too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt top Alison - what a great use of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on this quilt Alison....love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the quilt! I have to be SUPER focused to keep my 1/4" seams perfect, my little man likes to try and sit in my lap when I'm sewing. Doesn't work out very well as you can imagine!

    I posted something on my blog for you, I hope you like it!

    Liebster Award

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this scrappy version. The pattern is perfect for scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful use of scraps - the quilt is really great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!