Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March ALYoF Goal: Double Hourglass Quilt

My March ALYoF goal is to quilt and finish the twin sized double hourglass quilt that I will be donating to raffle off to raise money for literacy via Read Lead Achieve!

Right now all of the blocks of the quilt are together and waiting for me to add the border and quilt it.


The orange floral fabric is for the borders (and maybe the binding too) and the zig zag stripe is for the backing. Woo hoo for buying 5 yards of fabric at a time. I plan to quilt it with brown thread and some sort of simple curvy motif. Haven't yet decided what I'll do, but nothing too dense!


Linking up at this month's ALYoF party and WIP Wednesday!

Don't forget to enter our QCQAL kick off giveaway!

3 comments:

  1. nice! I like how circles pop out of the design. Makes me think of buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I love that the quilt has such an interesting color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love student quilters! You've discovered a good therapy (that's a comment on your profile description). What a beautiful hour glass quilt top. and what a fun back fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!