Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Scrap Happy.

While I was in Michigan this past weekend for Easter, I did my usual raid of the scrap bins at home. I picked a few things with some new projects in mind.

All of these scraps are left over from a project where cutting directions were wrong in the pattern so all of the triangles were half the size that they were supposed to be. Part of the triangles got made into a project (that I'll be showing off later this week!) but I still have a lot of triangles. I'm planning to make them into shelf scarves for my baker's rack.


I also brought one of my mom's books and some fabrics to some blue and grey batiks that I've been collecting and found a great pattern for them.


I made all of the four patches called for in the pattern and then started working on the triangle units.



I made myself a pattern for the triangles to paper piece them, of course. I'm going to have to add in some additional cream or grey background fabric to have enough to make the whole quilt.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced at WIP Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!