Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Starry Eyed {Midnight Mystery Quilt}

Sometimes there is nothing like a deadline to get your rear in gear.

All that I had to do to finish up my Midnight Mystery Quilt was sew the blocks together and then sew the rows together -- a total of NINE seams. Just sitting waiting for me since January. Waiting.

So yesterday was the deadline to turn in pictures of finished quilts and finished tops to win prizes as part of the official quilt along, so naturally, I came home from work yesterday and zipped my top together!

(And then when my husband got home he was forced into holding it so I could snap a quick picture!)



The top is technically done as is, but I'm considering adding a border or two since I have a lot of the print fabrics left. It either will stay the size that it is -- 72 inches square -- or get bordered up to almost 100 inches square to be a queen sized quilt.

Click on over to Meadow Mist Designs to see the parade of 107 finished quilts and tops!!

Happy Wednesday! Don't forget to check out the first post for the Summer on the Coast QAL!

Sharing at Let's Bee Social!

6 comments:

  1. Hooray! I have seen a few with borders that look really wonderful. This was such a fun mystery quilt, and I am definitely excited to see all the finishes together tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it ridiculous how long those few seams sometimes take? That's why a deadline is such a good thing. It's looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is definitely a pretty one, good luck deciding on borders. That is always my setback as i want them to be spectacular. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabrics! I just finished sewing mine in time for deadline too. I am not sure I want to go bigger as I will have to quilt it myself and that can be a struggle. I love what you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got yours finished in time! Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!