Thursday, June 23, 2016

Reversible Summer Tablerunner

My mom was here this weekend visiting and while she was here, I went through my pile of abandoned quilt blocks and sorted out a few for her to donate to a guild that makes charity quilts. I also pulled out a few blocks for myself to work on and try to finish.

One of these abandoned projects was started from the triangle cut offs from a Stash Bee block that I made in 2013. Yes, 2013. The blocks are here, the start of the pinwheels are here,  and I guess that's the last time I posted about this project. I actually took my pinwheels and put them together with some solid aqua Kona and made a table runner top and then the project was put in the abandoned project box for almost three years.

Since it was a little on the small side for a table runner, I added some red borders. I found some patriotic fabric in my stash to use as the backing, quilted it, and bound it with some red striped fabric.


This was such a quick and easy afternoon finish! I quilted it with loops and stars to give it more of a patriotic flair.


The backing fabric is VERY busy but on its own as a "wholecloth" style table runner, I think it works well. I have used this fabric in things before, but usually in rather small pieces.


It's good to have a finish and something new to put on the table!


Sharing at Finish it up FridayFree Motion MavericksFabric Tuesday, and Sew Cute Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, congratulations for taking an old WIP and finishing it! I think that having items like placemats and table runners be able to function double sided is really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on a fun finish! I think it's so satisfying to finish up old projects like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very fun finish. Great way to use up those left overs and get something to use for the upcoming holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alison, isn't it great when an old project is found and it turns out that there's not much to finish it? Your runner is lovely. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how pretty! Many congratulations on finishing and rescuing an old WIP too - though 2013 isn't that old in the grand scheme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Alison,
    Love it! There is nothing more satisfying than using up pieces that have been hanging around for a few years and turning them into a super-quick finish. I bet your mum was impressed!
    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks.
    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!