Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Upcoming Projects {IBA March and April Preview}

Today I'm jet setting off to Arizona for a week of sun, baseball, and cacti, but before I leave, I wanted to share some project previews for my March and April Island Batik Ambassador projects.

For March, our theme is paper pieced mini quilts. I love foundation paper piecing so this is right up my alley. I decided to use one of the star patterns from our Starbursts pattern (if you have the pattern, it is star #5). I am going to make 4 stars for this mini in yellow, green, and blue. Here's my fabric pull:



I have the paper piecing units for two blocks finished. I'll start the units for the other two blocks once I am back from vacation.


This is coming along nicely and I am excited to hang this up in my new sewing space when it is finished!

For April, our theme is applique, so I started working on my own version of our Ready, Set, Soar! pattern. I pulled thirteen 5 inch x WOF strips from my magical Island Batik fabric box that coordinate. I tried to pull fabrics with an "under the sea" feel.


I cut the fabrics as the pattern directs and shared this in-progress shot on Instagram:


At this point, I have to decide what kind of applique I'll be adding. I'm leaning toward the outline of a mermaid but I'm worried that might be a little ambitious! I just found out one of my coworkers is having a baby later this year so if she has a girl, this quilt will be for her.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your trip! You've pulled some great fabrics for both projects. Looking forward to seeing both come together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!