Saturday, June 1, 2013

Finished Civil War Quilt

After starting this quilt in December 2011 (yes, really it was that long ago!) I am so happy to say that this baby is DONE!



Here is the back that I trimmed all of the leftover threads from. I missed a few and had to do a couple outside before taking the pictures while my neighbors were out walking their dogs.


Close up of the quilting....


Closer up view of the quilting...


This quilt, as many know, is a gift to my fiance who is a seasonal park ranger with the National Parks Service at Antietam and Gettysburg. Except that now that we're getting married in 4 months (4 MONTHS!) I am just going to hang onto it and use it myself because he doesn't have room to store it right now. He can use it when he comes to visit.

Linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes for May and Crazy Mom Quilts!!

10 comments:

  1. It came out AMAZING! Great job! Can't wait to see more close ups :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choice for the border fabric Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the fabrics. I opened an online quilt shop and I encourage my customers to follow you, they wont be dissapointed. Keep up the good work.

    http://www.rusticroosterquiltshop.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You finished it!!!! Aaaa so exciting! What an accomplishment--it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I am amazed that you hand quilted this giant quilt. What a labour of love. And with only 4 months to go, I'd be saving it as a wedding present.
    Congrats on a fabulous finish.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! It would have taken me much, much longer, especially with all the hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS! That is a gorgeous sampler quilt! Mine is still a pile of blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous. wonderful meaning and heirloom for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good of you to 'wear' it in for him - that is true love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, this did turn out awesome! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!