Friday, August 23, 2013

Fussy Cut

No finishes here today, but just a little more progress on my Lazy Sunday Mystery Quilt.

I have just about finished putting together all of the pieces for the second block for the quilt and started the cutting on the centers of the Ohio star-like block. The fabric that I chose is a print from AMH's Innocent Crush line and I decided to fussy cut the fabric so that there is a "burst" in every center square.


One downside to fussy cutting is a lot of waste!! I decided to "skip ahead" in the directions a little to part 4 (I'm not quite finished with part 2 yet, whoops) and fussy cut the setting cornerstones out of the scraps.

Is it just me or are these really cute?


While I'm not quite done finished making all of the hourglass blocks (almost!!) and not made a lot of progress with the corner blocks, I have enough done to show what the next set of blocks will look like! I am in love with the orange and can't wait to see how the final block looks with the fussy cut centers.


Happy Friday to you! And this is the last chance to enter my blog-iversary giveaway -- entries close at 8 PM tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!