Monday, November 4, 2013

Starburst Quilt Along Week #2 -- Block #2 Introduction and Block #1 link-up

The Starburst Quilt Along is now over, but the entire pattern is now available for purchase.

Welcome back to the Starburst quilt along!

This one is also fairly simple. As usual, please make sure that you print it out full scale! See the brief printing directions here if you have an issue.

Here are my two blocks (please disregard the threads all over them, I'm not perfect!):



General Notes:
I picked two of my larger scale prints for the main fabric to show them off a little bit more.

One thing to note is that you can also deviate a little bit from the suggested numbering in many cases. For the center block, as long as you add the center fabric first, you can do the outer triangles in any order. The same thing goes for the outer center pieces.

I used smaller scrappy pieces for piecing the center blocks to save on fabric.

I will fully admit that I accidentally printed this pattern in the wrong size and had to remake the entire second block. I have a block that ended up about 8 3/4 inches instead of 9 1/2. I will probably use it on the back.

Good luck with Block #2! Head on over to the Flickr group to share your progress and ask questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!