Sunday, December 8, 2013

Weekend Piecing

I started putting together some of the blocks that I have received thus far from being the Queen Bee in the Stash Bee last month. I have a few more that are currently on their way to me so I will finish piecing it all once I receive all of them.

Here's 16 blocks put together thus far:


I can't wait to get the rest of them and put it all together! I will end up with at least 36 blocks -- so this one will end up pretty large! I am planning to make it into a picnic and beach quilt. :)

I finally added the side borders to the Harry Potter paper pieced quilt. I strip pieced the two side borders from 5 strips of light and dark brown fabric and then sewed them together staggered to make the final diamond like pattern. I am very happy with it and probably won't add any more borders to it. Now it just needs quilting! Hooray!


Here's a close up of the trimmed and sewed side border. The way that I cut and sewed the two wood grain fabrics together ended up with the light grain going one way and the dark grain going the other so that they look woven! Hooray for happy accidents!


Happy Sunday to you all!

4 comments:

  1. your Harry Potter quilt is awesome! I've never heard of the Stash Bee before. Looks like lots of fun. I've been wanting to do a woven quilt for awhile now. A beach quilt is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The border looks perfect! Happy accidents are the best :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Harry Potter quilt looks like a lot of fun - the border is fantastic. The woven quilt will be perfect for picnics - and it will be like having all those friends who made blocks with you enjoying the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are beautiful quilts, looks like you are having fun! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!