Saturday, March 8, 2014

March Stash Bee Blocks

This month our Queen Bee is Michelle from Factotum of Arts and she requested that we make stained glass like blocks with white sashing that she's going to put together in a pretty awesome quilt!


I always struggle with making "improv" modern style blocks. It's just not my forte, but Michelle's tutorial in the link above made it so much easier for my orderly brain to follow. 

I made one block in greens and one block with a mixture of red, yellow, and orange.



Hooray for bee blocks that make a dent (even if it's tiny!) in my scrap boxes!


2 comments:

  1. I love that look! I want to sew some, too! Thanks for the inspiration. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to get started on this block this week - was it pretty easy once you have the pieces chosen?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!