Friday, August 15, 2014

QCQAL Block #16 -- Bowtie

Drumroll, please! The last block is a bowtie!


Cutting:
Eight (8) 3.5 inch background squares

In each the four different colors:
Two (2) 3.5 inch squares
Two (2) 2 inch squares


Draw diagonal lines on the back of all of your 2 inch squares. Align each with the corner of a 3.5 inch background square as shown.


Stitch on the line and trim the seam allowance to 1/4 inch. Press.


Lay out each section as shown below.


Sew together each quadrant.


Lay out four quadrants as desired and sew together for final block


Here's my final 16 blocks! I still have more fabric to use, so I will be making more blocks!


Thank you everyone for participating! Come back on Monday for a block link up -- please include a picture of all of the blocks you have made thus far!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've been pinning your tutorials for future use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, this one got my vote, did 14 & 15 this morning now to do this then I will have 17 as I did both versions of broken dishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. is there no tutorial from craftsy I an down load for future reference please

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!