Monday, July 13, 2015

Midnight Mystery QAL Fabric Pull and Cutting

I'm joining in for Meadow Mist Designs' second mystery QAL -- Midnight Mystery!


After seeing all of the beautiful quilts from last year and all of my quilty friends joining in (and peer pressuring -- cough cough Audrey!) I decided that I am going to take the plunge and join in!

I was originally planning to make a scrappy quilt, but I realized most of my scraps are too small with all of the bigger pieces required for cutting this quilt. Instead I went with a set of three fabrics that I have had hanging around in my stash for a looong time.


My fabrics are actually D, C, B, A as per the directions in this picture. The three right fabrics I got as a gift from my mom and sister for my birthday a few years back and the leftmost fabric is Navy Blue Kona for (what I would assume would be) the background fabric.

Here's all of my cut pieces:


I have enough of the teal print to use for my binding as well! I am hoping that the dragonfly print doesn't get cut up too much further to show off the lovely print!

And now everything has been put into a bin to wait until the next set of directions come out in August!


Have you joined in yet? There's plenty of time to catch up before the first set of sewing directions come out August 1st!

Sharing at Linky Tuesday, Fabric Tuesday, and Sew Cute Tuesday!!

5 comments:

  1. I am also doing this mystery quilt. I think it will be really fun. I like your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peer pressure? Me? NEVER. :) I like these fabrics! This is going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very leery of mystery quilts. I made one, actually it was two because I out two of each, and hated it! They will make great Christmas gifts though. I will never have to see them again! Happy sewing when you start. L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. Love the dragonflies! My pile is in a very similar (if not identical) box, waiting for August. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!