Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Scrappy Blocks for Stephanie {Stash Bee January 2017}

It is a new year, so that means it's a new round of scrappy Stash Bee blocks! It's been very weird this year not being in charge of the bee after having been in charge of it for two years, and a hive mama for three years!

This year I am in Hive 4 with a lot of names that I recognize, including my mom! My Hive Mama is Stephanie who was in my hive last year and was an exemplary participant and this month his her month as Queen Bee.

She requested blocks made of scrappy 2.5 inch squares and low volume backgrounds. You can check out her tutorial here!

I made two blocks. I didn't have low volume scraps big enough for this block, so I pulled a grey and cream print half yard from my stash. I had a lot of fun sifting through my scrap bag for pieces big enough and then cutting some old charm squares that have been in my stash for much too long!

Here are my two finished blocks:



I am excited to see her quilt come together! :)

Sharing at Let's Bee Social and Oh Scrap!

8 comments:

  1. These blocks seem like they will make an interesting design when put together in a quilt. I love how they come together. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use the watercolor squares left. Let me know where to send them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great block for a Stash Bee! this is my first year in a stash bee, and I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some small squares! Both blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great scrap block. Thanks for sharing a link to the tutorial with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun block to use up scraps. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely and bright. I'll bet the finished quilt is going to be just beautiful :-)
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to visit and really like your block. The quilt should look great. I like the sound of your hives and bees. Clare in NZ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!