Friday, June 16, 2017

Curvalicious {Pieced Marigold Mini}

Thank you for all of the kind words about my Rainbow sampler! It's truly an honor to be temporarily "quilt famous" and have my work recognized in this way. :)

I've been working on piecing my Marigold Mini Quilt this week and now the top is ready to be quilted! As I noted in my intro post, I bought the templates to go along with this project, and it was a very good investment. While it would be nice to have the alignment notches that the Accuquilt cutters add, I didn't find pinning and aligning terribly difficult. I've done a fair amount of curved piecing in the past (mainly in my NY Beauty quilt). Here are all of my arcs sewn before and after trimming:



These blocks were very easy to sew together and align! I cut my orange fabric so that all of the stripes would go in the same direction for the flower.


I added sashing strips between the flowers and on the sides so that the mini will end up about 22 inches square. I used a purple variegated thread from Superior Threads for the machine applique accents.


Now this little cutie is ready to quilt! My plan is to quilt the orange section with peach thread, the green leaves with a green thread, and the background with cream. I am planning to use some additional fabric from the Bonsai line for the backing fabric!


Have a wonderful weekend! And just for fun, here's a picture of my husband and I from the wedding we attended last weekend:


Sharing at Linky Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. This is looking so good. I have very few batiks in my stash but they work so perfectly for this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great project! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the marigold block.
    Cute pic of you and hubby too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a simple yet so effective pattern. Lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!