Monday, June 26, 2017

Gathering Mystery {Quilt Top Construction}

I'm not quite done putting together my Cora's Quilts Gathering Mystery QAL top, but I figured I should give a quick update!

I finished putting all of my blocks together for Week 10, which required lots and lots of pins! I only had one that I partially took apart and fixed! I then quickly progressed into sewing the sashing pieces to my blocks, meaning even more pinning! Pinning made the matching nearly perfect and I think thus far I've only taken out part of one sashing + block combo.


And of course then you pair your blocks...


And then you pair your pairs and finish off the row!


Now all four of my block rows are completed! I also completed my horizontal sashing rows. These were much quicker to put together since there wasn't any matching! 


Last night I was able to pin each block row to a sashing row. These are ready to be sewn (and look like almost no easing will be required!) as soon as I can sit down at my machine!


Have a happy Monday! For once, it's not oppressively hot and humid in MD so I am wishing I could be outside!

Sharing at Monday MakingLinky Tuesday, and Let's Bee Social!

9 comments:

  1. Eek! I am excited to see how this comes together. You are so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking awesome!! Thank goodness for pins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks! and I love your color choices...it's so fun trying to figure out your final layout...it's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty blocks and fabrics. Your work is excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really interesting, and I think it will be quite beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!