Friday, September 8, 2017

Lady of the Lake {FQS Block Party}

Today I'm joining in the Fat Quarter Shop's hop for their newest pattern, Lady of the Lake!

You have probably seen lots of bloggers posting about making their own Lady of the Lake blocks recently!


I made two blocks so that I could turn them into a fun table topper.I decided to use a lime green fat quarter as my "background" and some Manderley yardage as my main fabric. I love the large scale print and this block is perfect for that. To make two blocks, I just doubled the "recipe".





If you want to turn two blocks into a table topper like I did, cut a 13" square and then cut it in half diagonally once.


Lay your large triangles and two blocks out as shown below and then sew together.



Quilt and bind as desired for a quick and easy two block table topper that's perfect for showing off those large scale prints we all love to ogle and buy.




Hop over to the Fat Quarter Shop blog to see more interpretations of this block! Kimberly also has put together a You Tube Video Tutorial for this quilt pattern and you can get your own copy of the quilt pattern here!

Thanks to the Fat Quarter Shop for including me today and letting us get creative with this classic block!

Sharing at Finish it up Friday!

12 comments:

  1. What a great design, I really like how you added the triangles on the ends to give the table topper such a different shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh I love that table topper idea! Yours looks terrific 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a native Minnesotan, I love the Lady of the Lake block. Your fabrics are super cute. And the tabletopper is a great bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your table topper turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I love the bright green and blue together, and that it is a more interesting shape than just rectangular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your binding choice. That little bit of orange frames your blocks with just a little bit of pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great that you used a different background! Love your table runner

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to use the extra triangles! The fabric is pretty fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Love the bright green/blue combination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your idea of a table runner. So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!