Monday, December 18, 2017

Blue In Bloom {Finished Blue Version}

With the finish of this quilt, all of my quilting commitments for 2017 are finished (resounding echo: FINISHED!) The second of my two Blue in Bloom throw quilts is now finished!


This version is the "blue" version -- you can see the green version here. These two quilts are gifts for college girls that I advise. Last year I made my Little Firecrackers quilts for the previous ladies I advised.


As I mentioned in some of the past posts about these quilts, most of the fabrics for these quilts came from my stash. This quilt added in Kona Snow for the background and I bought the backing fabric.


For the quilting, I did all over loop-de-loops. I considered quilting this one the same way that I quilted its green twin, but I needed to change it up!


While the green version used a lot of stashed fabrics I hadn't used in other things, this blue version has a lot of fabrics from other projects! The aqua floral and dark green floral fabrics were both used in my Gathering quilt, the cobalt blue floral was used on the back of my Starburst quilt, and the multicolored diamond print was used in my Wishes quilt.


The binding is a navy, aqua, and green dot print from my stash. The backing came from one of my local quilt shops -- I think the yellow, aqua, and grey print is a fun match for the quilt top.


I am so happy with both of these quilts! I need to get them both in the mail to their recipients to enjoy for the holidays!


Quilt Stats:
Pattern: Blue in Bloom, throw size
Size: 55" x 75"
Fabrics: mainly from stash, Kona Oyster for background
Quilting: meanders with daisies

(PS. Don't forget that our Etsy shop is still on sale -- you can get this pattern for 10% off or more, along with all of our listings!)

Sharing at Finish It Up Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the beautiful finish and making all your commitments for the year, Alison! I am sure the girls are going to be so thrilled to receive these lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a beautiful finish! It always feels good to have all your commitments finished. Enjoy your holiday festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out wonderful! How awesome to get all your commitments finished with a little wiggle room. I know both girls will treasure these quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, Alison! I'm sure your advisees will both love their quilts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! on your newly completed quilt. This one and the other will make WONDERFUL gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!