Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Square Dance {Double Delight}

Since I last posted about my Double Delight quilt, I have been in a cycle of obtaining cream fabric, cutting said fabric, using said fabric, and realizing that I still needed more cream fabric. In addition to the cream fabric that I showed in the previous post, I added three different half yards of cream A Quilting Life prints (which all happen to have the EXACT shade of cream I needed).

Now it's time to do a dance -- a square dance, appropriately -- that my second set of square-in-a-square units are finished!


Of course it took a good chunk of my weekend evenings to trim these monsters, I mean, miniature artworks. So much pretty trash!

Like the previous set, I went ahead and sorted the units into four piles so I won't have to recount them later.


I also was able to finish my 9 patches as well. I exhausted the entire pile of pink scraps I had pulled initially, and piles of scraps beyond that! I used up just about all of the pink scraps on the pink-cream-pink units (bottom half of the below picture) and ended up using the last quarter yard of a pink print (from my Meadow quilt) for the cream-pink-cream units (top half of the below picture).


Because I was excited about these, I just kept sewing and sewing on these this weekend. All of the chain piecing!


Piles waiting for pressing on Sunday afternoon:


Piles of nine patches ready to be sewn into blocks!


Now I have all of the units complete and my next step is to assemble the blocks. I'll need to make 30 Rolling Star blocks and 20 Double 9-patch blocks. I am going to try to pull something from my stash for the setting triangles and it should be about twin sized when finished.

Happy Wednesday! Sharing at Let's Bee Social!

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of chain piecing and trimming progress! I can totally relate to the cycle of purchase only to realize I need more and then purchase again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love square in a square blocks but they seem to take forever to put together, and then there is ALL the trimming! This is going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a lot of work here! Your nine patches are marvelous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!